Breathable 3mm Underlay for Overlay Systems – 5sqm
High quality, lightweight, breathable & slatted 3mm foam underlay designed specifically for use with overlay floor heating systems below engineered and solid wood flooring.
Installing underlay dramatically improves the performance of wood or laminate flooring. This also improves walking comfort and reduces associated noise.
Note: if you are laying your floor on a relatively new concrete floor we would advise the use a of DPM (damp proof membrane).
1. Glue the overlay boards to a flat level surface
2. Install pipe into the pre-set grooves- we recommend using ultra-flexible pipe for ease!
3. Lay the breathable underlay across the entire surface area
4. Lay the wood flooring onto the underlay as a floating floor
5. Make sure to leave a 10mm perimeter gap between the wood and walls to allow for expansion
- 3mm foam underlay with cut outs for floating wood floors
- Water absorption (28 days) ≤ 3%
- Floor alignment ≤ 3mm
- Acoustic isolation (raw material) up to 18 dB
- Temperature Resistance (48C/48 h) ≤ 0.85% • Estimated R parameter is 0,056 m2K/W
- Weight 5m2 = 0.420 g (+/-5%)
- 95m2 = 2-8 kg (+/-5%)
- Dimensions 1000mm x 500mm x 3mm
Delivery costs to UK mainland…
* Europe and Channel Islands
Costs are variable, please contact us for an exact price.
For more details please see our Delivery Information page »
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.